Minority Enterprise Development Week
Want to go? Get your tickets here.
Congratulations to the 2019 winners!
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minority Entrepreneur of the Year – Green Clean Auto Spa
Fairfiled Inn & Suites Minority Business Advocate of the Year – Rev. Joel Churchwell
Held every year for more than 10 years, MED Week is all about celebrating diversity and recognizing those who serve in or advocate for diverse businesses. Minorities in this context include: Women, African-Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Asian Pacific Americans, Subcontinent Asian Americans, and Disabled business owners.
MED Week is sponsored by the Fairfield Inn & Suites, along with other local businesses.
This year’s MED Week will include the following programs. Stay tuned for more information about venues and cost on our website and Facebook page.
• Oct. 7- Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan Seminar, presented by Robert Heath
• Oct. 8- MED Week Luncheon. The Minority Entrepreneur of the Year and the Fairfield Business Advocate of the Year will be announced.
• Oct. 9- MED Week Mingle! The 2019 Legends of Onslow will be announced.
• Oct. 10- MED Sites Scavenger Hunt! Participants are invited to visit diverse owned businesses/milestones and will upload their epic photos to the Chamber’s Facebook page! Prizes are awarded to the best photo (Gift Basket)! And…Visit all the sites and receive a special prize! Hint Hint: 3 day resort stay!
• Oct. 11- African American Heritage Trail Field Trip. Visit sites of the African American Heritage Trail and learn about its history! Trip will start at the Fairfield Inn! Continental breakfast at 8:30 am and take off at 9 am. The trip will end around 12:30 and you may join us for lunch at Marrakesh Mediterranean Cuisine. *Lunch is optional and not complimentary
The Jacksonville Onslow Chamber of Commerce has joined in the nationwide Minority Enterprise Development Week commemoration with its’ observance. During the week, the Minority Entrepreneur of the Year and the Linda L. Richardson Minority Business Advocate of the Year are recognized. A special Awards Luncheon ceremony acknowledges the recipients of these prestigious awards.
We are now accepting nominations for MED Week 2019! Download the form here.
Thank you to our 2019 Sponsors:
National Automotive Group
Ray & ABA Properties